Smithville Volunteer Fire Department Called to NHC Healthcare Center Monday

The Smithville Volunteer Fire Department was called to NHC Healthcare Center Monday afternoon after an air handling unit on top of the building overheated sending smoke through the duct work into one wing of the facility.
Fire Chief Charlie Parker says a belt apparently locked up in the unit causing the problem.
The smoke triggered the fire alarm and a few residents down one wing were relocated to another part of the building while firefighters set up positive pressure fans to clear the smoke.
There was no damage to the building and no one was injured as a result of the incident.
Meanwhile, Chief Parker says city firefighters were also called to McDonald’s restaurant around 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning after an electrical breaker box overheated and kicked off as employees were preparing to open for business.
Chief Parker says there was no damage to the building and no one was injured.

Posted in News and tagged .