Chimney Fire Causes Damage to Alexandria Home

A chimney fire caused some damage to a home in Alexandria Tuesday morning.
Members of the Alexandria Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to the home of David Cole at 216 Church Street at 8:20 a.m.
According to Fire Department Captain Edward Brooks, the Cole family called for help after spotting smoke in the living room.
Firefighters quickly responded and contained the fire to the chimney and living room area. The fire also burned through some siding into the attic.
No one was injured.
Members of the Liberty and Temperance Hall Stations of the DeKalb County Volunteer Fire Department responded to back up Alexandria firefighters under the automatic aid agreement between the County and Town of Alexandria.
An Alexandria couple, Steven and Diana Blair came to the scene in support of the fire departments offering rehab services including re-hydration and nourishment to firefighters .
DeKalb EMS was there as well.

Posted in News and tagged .